Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Children's Books?

I spoke with a close family friend, a hairdresser if you will, after feeling discouraged from the economy and job market and she asked me what it is I wanted to ultimately do with my skills. It was of course, at the very least, to create a children's book. She pretty much beat the idea into my head that I should give it a try. I fought back, talking about how saturated the market was, how it was a lost cause, but she told me as a mother what it was she was looking for in such a book. And it did indeed spark something in me.

I think I have a good idea what I'll do a book about, and there seems to be only a few books about it which is somewhat relieving to me. Hearing about her battle with breast cancer seriously meant something to me and I feel like I have someone to talk to about what would be good points to bring up in a book about a disease or illness. I'd like to start a book on the effects of Multiple Sclerosis. It is something that I've been around for a while, learned about, and feel there is so much knowledge out there now that is growing about it. I think I can simplify it into something that will benefit children who are growing up into a family with a parent or loved one who is struggle with MS.

Now I see why so many people are so close to their barbers/stylists! They are some serious talkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment